मधुमेह मुक्त भारत
21st to 27th June 2015
as part of
A NATIONWIDE STOP DIABETES MOVEMENT
Initiative of VYASA Bengaluru, Technical support by S-VYASA Yoga University
Supported by Arogya Bharati and Indian Yoga Association
What is Madumeha Mukta Bharat Yoga Saptaha (MMBYS)? Madhumeha Mukta Bharat Yoga Saptaha is one of the important mission initiative of VYASA Bengaluru, Technical support by S-VYASA Yoga University Supported by Arogya Bharati and Indian Yoga Association to spread awareness about diabetes and preventing diabetes among the Indians across the country for the well-being of the nation, using ancient holistic approach by Yoga. Aims of MMBYS
- To promote yoga therapy for prevention and management of Diabetes throughout the country.
Objectives of MMBYS
- To conduct around 2000 yoga camps throughout India
- To develop the team of volunteers all over nation dedicated for the cause
- To create awareness in society about Yoga and Diabetes
- To make “International Yoga Day” as launching pad for taking Yoga Therapy for Diabetes to all corners of India.
- India is going to be the global capital for diabetes by 2025
- Diabetes has reached epidemic proportions
- One in every five diabetics in the world is Indian
- Gradually becoming more dangerous than AIDS
Overview of MMBYS camp: Each camp will have three main phases –
- Screening and registration (20th June) celebration of word yoga day as per government plan along with screening and registration continue (21st June).
- Yoga camp (22nd to 27th June)
- Post camp data collection and action plan for follow up – 28th June